Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dropping all Crutches !

Today as I sat for meditation, one beautiful thought came to me. I recollected one sentence which Gurudev says from Narada Bhakti sutras.. 'Drop all crutches' and this made my meditation so much more deeper.

Dropping all crutches and support.. its amazing how much meaning this sentence has. We take support from all kinds of things: family, friends, wealth, education our own personality and concepts, and all kinds of things.

we take so much pride in our families.. I am the son of so and so, my grandpa was an outstanding scholar or I am born in such a caste, such a status in society, I have such loving cousins.. or even the opposite, I am born poor and untouchable, or my mom/dad/brother/wife/kids never loved me.. relationships are one big crutch we hold on to.. I was in a relationship or I could never have a GF/BF.. I loved that person so intensely but he/she did that to me.. I did that for her.. he loved me so much, wonder what went wrong.. I shouldnt have done that. I should have done this .. now this person is showering so much love on me.. he/she is a special friend now and am having a great time like never before.. its the same thing ! it can be like or dislike, raga and dvesha, our mind identifies with that particular thing and its stuck. all these are like an empty bowl..

its so amazing how this identification comes.. like our own personality. i am intelligent.. I am not so intelligent all the time, but sometimes I am brilliant.. I went to that school, got this degree. he/she went to the other school, was the topper. I failed here, just passed there. so and so didnt even pass 10th class.. Degrees and distinctions are someone else's opinion of my capability.. what do they know what all am I capable of doing or not doing ?.. forget even that, what do I know what all am I capable of doing ?.. Its just fascinating to see how this mind gets identified.. I look good, she is gorgeous, he is so uncouth. blah blah..

as i sat for meditation.. i thought, enough of these identifications.. these concepts. these likes and dislikes.. let me drop all these.. let me just rest in my nature.. what great joy am i seeking here ? my master, i am here in front of u... with nothing to support me.. none of these are mine.. standing in front u totally vulnerable.. dropped the past doing and undoings and the future planning.. completely in your hands..

:-)

All glories to my Gurudev, the ever fresh.

3 comments:

GauravNath said...

Very true..."dropping all crutches in a helpful technique...I ususally try surrendering with the thought that , "I needn't 'try' to surrender, because I am already surrendered." The feeling which follows is amazing...and the soul feels ligth and empty....

btw I love yur blogs, the content isvery rich, and words are precisely jewelled into sentences. Jai Guru Dev

GauravNath said...

Very true..."dropping all crutches in a helpful technique...I ususally try surrendering with the thought that , "I needn't 'try' to surrender, because I am already surrendered." The feeling which follows is amazing...and the soul feels ligth and empty....

btw I love yur blogs, the content isvery rich, and words are precisely jewelled into sentences. Jai Guru Dev

Narada said...

Jai Gurudev Gaurav !

Nice to hear from you..

Am glad you like my posts.. most of them are just so random and unplanned.. I just sit infront of my screen and start typing..

also saw your comment about the 'yellow rice' article :-) .. that was an amazing experience.. everytime I meet him its just so incredible.. I feel so fortunate
and yes, sure will let you know when I come to the bangalore ashram.

take care and keep posted.
Jai Gurudev
:-)
N